Quote of the Month - December

There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer. - Ansel Adams

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 284


Emily - "Helping Hand"

(Kinda weird I'm naming my photos...

Emily - Today, Heather and I went to a church with our youth group to make food for the salvation army. We made 7 giant casseroles filled with cheese, meat and veggies. It was actually a lot of fun. I got too wear gloves and stick my hands in to stir it all around it was really gross :p









Jeanine - "Time Out"

My photography class prompt today was all about taking time out to play.  All day long I thought about coming home and taking some time to create in my art journal.  I used to love to colour as a kid.  Alas, I let end of the day inertia take over and I only got out my watercolour crayons to snap this photo - after 11 pm.  Why do we do that?  Why do we "waste" time in front of the TV when we could be doing something we really enjoy?  Yes - taking the time to hang out with the ones we love while watching TV is important and good - probably not even a waste - but so is doing something with the time we are given at the end of the day...or anytime of the day for that matter.  Tonight a friend lies in hospital and we don't know what time he has left or how his time will be spent in the future if the recovery we pray for happens...it is a vivid reminder to spend our time not only with our loved ones but doing things we love to do.  Life - like childhood - is a short season.

1 comment:

  1. I often get that feeling, I want to do something I like, then end up spending the evening watching tv

    ReplyDelete