Quote of the Month - December

There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer. - Ansel Adams

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 306

Jeanine - "Fond Memories"

I will always remember mom's Kenmore Mixer.  As I remember it she baked a lot...pies, cakes, cookies, biscuits etc.  She taught me to bake too.  I butter and flour a cake pan the way she taught me.  I make Christmas cookies with my daughter the way she taught me.  I haven't ventured into pies yet, but I still lick the bowl and the beaters just like when I was a kid in her kitchen.  My parents are visiting this week so I baked a pumpkin cake and took them to see Mastering the Art - the play about Julia Child at the Grand Theatre.  It was excellent.  So was the cake.

1 comment:

  1. the kenmore...it was a fixture in our home too. many happy memories and many traditions still carried out today. funny how a picture can bring up a host of feelings. unexpected but lovely.
    btw, save yourself a few tears (or maybe that's just me??) on the pie crust and use a tenderflake. (my mum would cringe)

    ReplyDelete