Quote of the Month - December

There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer. - Ansel Adams

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

Emily - I find the number one thing I love about winter is how beautiful snow is on trees. We went snowshoeing today and I thought it would be nice to take a picture of something other then my snow shoes (which I got for christmas) so I tried different shots of the snow on trees and voila. I really like this photo and how the centre is more focused then the background. My mom, who is obsessed with cropping, thinks I should crop off the fuzzy part but i like. It reminds me of the part in lion king when they show the ants in the tree and the zebras on the ground. Anybody remember that?

Jeanine - my partner and daughter (seen in the photo) have been complaining that my photos on the blog don't show enough about my everyday life (because I'm using the photos I've taken for the on line class)...so today I have posted a photograph showing exactly what we did this afternoon - we went snowshoeing (is that a word?) in a nearby wood.  Today's prompt for the class was to showcase something from my winter wardrobe and distill what it is that warms not only the body but the soul.  Does the fact that Emily is wearing my hat and my ski pants count?  ha!

1 comment:

  1. oh... i love this idea that you two are doing! both are great shots.
    (btw, found your blog from the big picture: picture winter class!!)

    ReplyDelete